The Annual Pumpkinfest Parade
THE PARADE IS BACK!!! This year's Parade Theme is:
PARADE STAGING AND ROUTE:
Instructions for Parade Participants:
Floats should arrive and be in place to be judged by 8:30 AM.
- The number of parade participants is now limited. Spots are given on a first registered, first in basis and at the discretion of the Parade Administrator.
- While we welcome anyone to support and watch the parade, business and group participants must have a local address within the South Lyon School District area to register.
- POSITION POSTINGS: Parade positions are released the morning of the parade and are not negotiable.
- Your organization's position in the Parade will be posted on signs, in your staging area. There will be Parade officials and attendants their to assist you.
- The Parade Ends at Seamless Tube and Pipe- DO NOT EXIT THE PARADE BEFORE MCMUNN ST. Doing so is a violation of the applicants registration.
- All vehicles must be a minimum 30% decorated according to the parade theme (unless the vehicle is pulling a float or is a classic car).
- Parade route is approximately 2.1 miles long. Small children should either ride on a float or in a wagon.
- Should you have any questions or concerns please direct them to parade@southlyonpumpkinfest.
Where to go at the end of the Parade:
Spectators: Make sure to arrive early and bring a blanket or lawn chair.
Where to Get a Good Seat for the Parade:
- Any place along Pontiac Trail from the northeast corner of 9 mile (CVS) to Liberty Street (Veterans Lot).
- Along West Liberty Street between Pontiac Trial and South Warren Street.
- Along South Warren Street south of West Lake Street.