The Annual Pumpkinfest Parade
This year's theme:
For additional information on the parade, contact the parade coordinator at email@example.com.
PARADE STAGING AND ROUTE:
Staging and line up for parade participants has been moved to Centennial Middle School.
Drop off on Saturday morning will only enter from Dixboro Rd.
Access from Pontiac Trail will be blocked. See map shown below.
(click on image to enlarge)
Instructions for Parade Participants:
Floats should arrive and be in place to be judged by 8:30 AM.
- The number of parade participants is now limited. Spots are given on a first registered, first in basis and at the discretion of the Parade Administrator.
- While we welcome anyone to support and watch the parade, business and group participants must have a local address within the South Lyon School District area to register.
- POSITION POSTINGS: Parade positions are released the morning of the parade and are not negotiable.
- Your organization's position in the Parade will be posted on
signs, in your staging area. There will be Parade officials
and attendants their to assist you.
- The Parade Ends at Bartlett Elementary School- DO NOT EXIT THE PARADE BEFORE BARTLETT. Doing so is a violation of the applicants registration.
- All vehicles must be a
minimum 30% decorated according to the parade theme (unless the vehicle
is pulling a float or is a classic car).
- Parade route is approximately 2.1 miles long. Small children should either ride on a float or in a wagon.
- Should you have any questions or concerns please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to go at the end of the Parade:
NEW for the end of the Parade!
(click on image to large)
As the parade participants and floats travel down Pontiac Trail from 9 Mile, the parade will then proceed west on Liberty St. and continue to Mcmunn.
The parade will continue south on Mcmunn.
WALKERS: will move south towards the south end of the MST parking lot. (the gravel area) or continue on to McHattie parking area or onto City Hall parking lot. For pickup, keep in mind there will be a period of time before cars or buses can leave this area. Please be patient and follow instructions for the Policemen directing traffic.
FLOATS: Once on Mcmunn, continue south dispersing and exiting towards Dorothy St. or beyond.
Spectators: Make sure to arrive early and bring a blanket or lawn chair.
Where to Get a Good Seat for the Parade:
- Any place along Pontiac Trail from the northeast corner of 9 mile (CVS) to Liberty Street (Veterans Lot).
- Along West Liberty Street between Pontiac Trial and South Warren Street.
- Along South Warren Street south of West Lake Street.